Cider & Perry production courses and Covid-19
In light of the continuing threat of COVID-19, we want to reassure you that we are very carefully monitoring the situation and contingency planning on an ongoing basis in order to take any necessary steps to ensure the health & safety of those enrolled on courses, our instructors, and partners.
- All Cider & Perry Production - Foundation in-person classes have been canceled for 2020. Registration is now open for an ONLINE Foundation course.
- Science, Practice & Quality-Assured Cider & Perry Production has been rescheduled to December 7-11, 2020
- GMPs, Safety & Sanitation is an online course and will open for another session later in 2020.
- Essential Sensory Analysis of Cider & Perry has been postponed in coordination with GLINTCAP May 2021.
- For each of the courses scheduled for June and later, we aim to make a decision as to whether or not to go ahead with it at least 3 weeks before it is due to start. Prior to this, we will communicate with all registered participants as to any contingency plans we are making as to possible course re-scheduling.
Over the coming weeks and months, the Cider Institute's staff, board, and curriculum partners will develop resources, content, and virtual sessions to continue supporting the education and professional development of cider & perry producers.