Cider & Perry production courses and Covid-19
In light of the continuing threat of COVID-19, we want to reassure you that we are very carefully monitoring the situation and contingency planning on an ongoing basis in order to take any necessary steps to ensure the health & safety of those enrolled on courses, our instructors, and partners.
- Science, Practice & Quality-Assured Cider & Perry Production has been rescheduled to December 7-11, 2020
- Cider & Perry Production - Foundation at Brock University has been rescheduled to June 15-19, 2020
- GMPs, Safety & Sanitation is an online course and running as scheduled now through April 30th
- Essential Sensory Analysis of Cider & Perry has been postponed; new dates TBD in coordination with GLINTCAP
- For each of the courses scheduled for June and later, we aim to make a decision as to whether or not to go ahead with it at least 3 weeks before it is due to start. Prior to this, we will communicate with all registered participants as to any contingency plans we are making as to possible course re-scheduling.
Over the coming weeks and months, the Cider Institute's staff, board, and curriculum partners will develop resources, content, and virtual sessions to continue supporting the education and professional development of cider & perry producers.